1. Personal information is important.
FCT International is committed to safeguarding your personal privacy. It recognises that individuals have a right to control how their personal information is collected and used. Providing personal information is an act of trust and it is taken seriously by us. At any level. Unless given written consent to do otherwise, FCT International will only collect and use personal information as set out below.
FCT International has developed and implemented its Worldwide Basic Principles on Personal Information which reflect worldÂ best practiceÂ on privacy policies. These principles meet and exceed the requirements of the Australian privacy legislation.
2. Collecting personal information.
FCT International will not collect or monitor any personal information about an individual without their prior consent. The only personal information collected is what has been provided voluntarily and for newsletters only.
When a product is purchased or through marketingÂ activitiesÂ (online, in a store, over the telephone etc.), personal information may be requested (such as name and address) in order to service product, provide upgrades or updated information, and advise of other FCT International products, which may be of interest. No one is obligated to provide personal information. However, failure to do so may result in FCT International being unable to sell you products and/or provide certain services and support including aftermarket services.
FCT International’s policy for collecting personal information from children under the age of 13 is to seek the permission of a parent or guardian for the collection of this information.
3. Using and disclosing your personal information
Personal Information will be used for the following primary purpose, for example:
- To fulfil obligations under any sale and purchase contract and/or any other contract between the individuals/groups and companies and FCT Internationalâ€™s trading companies or any of its affiliates.
- To render services related to FCT International business such as warranty, support or aftermarket services.
- To provide information about products, services and/or special offers.
- To obtain opinions or comments about products and/or services.
- To get feedback on our products and services performance to better serve Customers in the future
- To record statistical data for marketing analysis.
For the purpose described above, information may be shared with FCT Internationalâ€™s trading companies or any of its affiliates, either in Australia or overseas. Also, in order to operate the web site or deliver a service, personal information may also be shared with a service provider, a non-FCT International group company.
FCT Internationalâ€™s trading companies and any of its affiliates recognise the trust with which individuals provide personal information, and such information will not be used or disclosed for any other purposes without consent, except in exceptional cases when disclosure may be required by law or is necessary to protect the rights or property of FCT Internationalâ€™s trading companies or any of its affiliates or any member of the public, or to lessen a serious threat to a person’s health or safety.